Friday, March 7, 2008

SPOGS Racing

Well I was reading my latest issue of Nintendo Power today where I came across an article on a new WiiWare game called SPOGS Racing. I decided to google it and checked out many game blog sites and none of them had any info on it. I submitted it to GoNintendo earlier and they posted it, so I thought I should do my 5 or so readers the honor of transcribing the article here as well.

"In driver's ed, they teach you that crashing into other vehicles is bad form. SPOGS Racing, from D2C Games, takes a different tack.

By careening into your competitors' unusually shaped SPOGS Racers, you can take their parts - pre-owned engines, brakes, tailpipesm etc. - and use the spoils to upgrade your own ride. The automotive pick-pocketing takes place in a dozen venues, including traditional racing ovals, road courses, and stunt tracks.

When you're not busy going SPOG-to-SPOG with rivals, you'll fly off ramps and negotiate loops (also recommended in your driver's ed class). Obviously, the SPOGS Racers are not your parents' Camry. They're designed to spin, drift, flip over, and (most of all) crash a lot. They're also equipped with six kinds of weapons, which you can use to slow down your opponents so that you can mug them.

The title uses your choice of three control schemes, one of which is what has become the standard for motion control in driving games - you hold the remote horizontally with both hands and tilt it to steer. In addition to quick races, you can enjoy the game in Battle mode (essentially a nonstop series of collisions) and Season mode (which sees you through races on every track.)"

This game actually sounded pretty cool so I definitely think I'll have to download it once it hits the WiiWare service. So many awesome games coming to WiiWare, I'm just so happy to be a Nintendo fan right now!!! Sorry I didn't scan the magazine, the images were so small they wouldn't even show up clearly if I tried scanning them!

No comments: