Monday, May 5, 2008

Vroom...Vroom...

Sorry I haven't updated in a week, I now work 10 hour shifts on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and 3 hour shifts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I only have Sunday's off currently.

Just about everyday I have been playing Mario Kart Wii for maybe an hour or two depending on my schedule. I just recently finished 100cc which is Bikes only with all 1st Place trophies. I also unlocked Dry Bones as a playable character. This game has online that is pretty much considered the best on the Wii yet. Brawl was a real letdown compared to the online on this game.

The online scoreboard is basically available through the Mario Kart Wii channel if I recall correctly. Ranks are setup just as they are in Tetris DS, except that you start at 5000 and your score goes up or down depending on what place you come in a race. The game also features Battle mode online, but sadly it is only played in teams. So if there is only three people playing, then it will be 2 against 1, making it pretty unfair. There are also rankings for that as well.

The character I always seem to use since Mario Kart DS is Yoshi. I don't know what it is, but when I play on Rainbow Road in Mario Kart DS with Yoshi, I always get first place, it's like my best track. However, in the Wii game Rainbow Road received yet another redesign and I totally suck at it. I don't remember ever falling off the track this many times in the past Mario Kart games!

I hope all of you are having fun with Mario Kart Wii, and for those who are interested in it, I'm sure you will enjoy it just as much as I have!

No comments: