Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Woof Woof

Everyone should go out now and buy The Dog Island. It's definitely one of the most unique concepts I have seen for a game in a long time. The game may look kiddish, but it has a surprisingly deep and sad story. I guess you could say it's one big fetch quest, but with a story.

Basically, you learn scents and you have to go retrieve various items in order to complete the simple missions. I know, it may sound kind of boring, but the game has a very nice scenery to stare at while you are looking for these items. The colors are the perfect tone.

And also, the music is nice and soothing, and gets sad when something bad happens or when someone is explaining about something bad happening.

I am actually very happy I got this game. If you think this is Nintendogs then you are wrong, you don't raise a virtual puppy. You play as a puppy who is trying to help everyone get well. Man's best friend in videogame form if I do say so myself. I hope that more people out there will give this a chance.

No comments: