Saturday, December 15, 2007

My thoughts on the Virtual Console Gift System

Well anyway, I knew it was coming...Nintendo now has introduced a new feature to the Wii Shop Channel that allows you to buy Virtual Console games and send them to your friends. However, the system is not only Region Locked, it's even country locked. So I can't send it to friends in Canada or Mexico. However, there is a way around this. If you have an NTSC Wii, you can change it to any one of the countries you are trying to send it to and it will work.

Basically why Nintendo did this, is because Wii Points cost different amounts of money throughout the world, and probably licensing and other stuff is involved (that would be my guess anyway). I mean it's not too bad, and I think even the Europeans could get around it if they just change what country the Wii is set to.

I've actually sent a few games out and it works great. (However I need to change the channel on my router to 1 or 11, because I tend to get lots of error codes while try sending something, it's on Channel 6 right now -_-;)

Anyway, my final thought on the system is that it's a cheap and inexpensive way to give a gift during the holidays or whenever the time may be, it even allows you to send a personal message to that person. I think this is a great system. Now all we have to do is wait for the Everyone's Nintendo Channel and people will stop complaining! :D

No comments: