Sunday, April 5, 2009

DSi Impressions

Camera
Wow, the cameras are actually really fun. I myself thought it would just be some silly gimmick, but it's pretty neat and easy to use. There are so many different lenses you can use to do things to your pictures like change the emotion, color, doodle, distort/stretch, etc. It's pretty neat, and you can share photos with your friends. If you take alot of photos, your DSi will display a different one everytime you start up the system.

Inteface
The interface is totally setup like the Wii. Well each area has its own window like Game Card, DS Sound, DS Camera, Settings, as well as Pictochat and DSiWare games get their own window. You can reorganize how you want them positioned, but it is a sideways scrolling bar you use. When you download a game/application it shows up as a gift on your interface, and you tap it to open it. Sadly as of yet you cannot gift games/points to your friends. (And probably won't be able to since there is no friends list on DS)

Pictochat is still the old version, I think there is a newer version that has rainbow font. I never really used this feature back then, so probably won't be doing it this time either.

DSi Shop
I downloaded Wario Ware: Snapped and Art Style: Aquia with the free 1000 points I got when I connected to the shop. I also linked it to my Club Nintendo account and got another 160 coins added in.

Wario Ware: Snapped is like a tech demo (I already knew this before hand) because there isn't a score involved. You play it using the camera. At the end of the mini-game set it shows video of you playing the game, which is pretty funny sometimes based on some of the facial expressions.

I haven't played Art Style: Aquia yet but will after I'm finished writing this story up. It looked cool from what I could see and it cost 500 points as well.

The DSi Shop is pretty easy to use, but much slower than the Wii Shop Channel. I think that may be because this is launch day and everyone is on downloading their games and stuff.

DS Sound
I played in the DS Sound application and made my voice sound like a chipmunk. It was kinda funny, but I didn't really play around with it too much.

As of right now I have yet to play any of my DS games on it, but I will soon.

So that's pretty much all I have to say about it right now, maybe more impressions in the next couple of days if I feel like it.

I definitely recommend you go get your own DSi system!

No comments: