Saturday, November 29, 2008

Import Games

Do you own any import games for Wii or DS?

I am very familiar with importing since I've bought some cool DS games that were exclusive to Japan.

Nintendo DS
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
Slide Adventure: Mag Kid

I'm also thinking of purchasing a few other games such as Chousojuu Mecha MG and Taiko no Tatsujin Wii.

I just bought the skip/Nintendo game Captain Rainbow for the Wii from Play-Asia for only $30. Captain Rainbow most likely won't come out in the US because it doesn't have western appeal, and it features Birdo's gender discussion. In Japan, Birdo is a transexual, in the US it is simply female.

Recently I started dabbling in homebrew on the Wii, and I played a few homebrew games like a homebrew Duck Hunt. I also played a DVD on my Wii, proving that the Wii doesn't need a hardware update to play DVD's on it. Homebrew is a blast, but the only reason I really wanted it is so I can play import Wii games. I doubt I'll be importing most games since most get released. But the really niche one's wont be released, and if I want them, I'm gonna have to import them and play them in Japanese.

At one point I was considering importing Disaster: Day of Crisis from Europe, but recently it was revealed that the game is announced for the US. There is no release date yet to my disappointment however.

No comments: